Lifestyle & Fun
Getting hip items at a discount
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Fendi bag with metalic hue. Aimee Yoon bought it on line through HipSwap.
It's slightly used and retailed from about $1500. She got it for $550, but there's something else she loves about it. The bag used to belong to Karina Smirnoff from dancing with the stars...
"There's a story behind it. I have the purse of a celebrity," she said.
Another outfit owned by Smirnoff is available on HipSwap and another one belonged to Kylie Richards from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
HipSwap allows you to shop their closets and even their homes.
"If you're a fan of celebrities, you can basically shop their closet, giving you unique access into their items," Sarah Parlow of HipSwap said.
You can also buys from non-celebrities and sell your own things.
"HipSwap is basically a web and mobile market place that connects buyers and sellers locally and national," Parlow said.
3.5 percent of the sale goes to the site, the rest goes to the seller, although celebrities give all of their proceeds to charity.
If you're buying something in the New York area, you can have it delivered.
"We have a hot pink van that will come to the sellers house to pick up the item and bring it to the buyers door step," Parlow said.
For more information, please visit www.hipswap.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series