Lifestyle & Fun
China zoo welcomes litter of 6 lion cubs
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A zoo in China has some new additions after six lion cubs were born.
The litter of six set a new national record for most cubs in one litter.
The cubs' mom, Rose, is understandably a little tired and frail after giving birth to such a large litter and was receiving some extra treats to boost her health.
Six cubs at one time is rare among lions, and the multiple birth surprised keepers at the Guaipo Siberian Tiger Park in Shenyang, capital of Liaoning province.
The zookeepers were also giving extra attention to the runt of the litter, grooming and bottle feeding it.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos