Lifestyle & Fun
China zoo welcomes litter of 6 lion cubs
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A zoo in China has some new additions after six lion cubs were born.
The litter of six set a new national record for most cubs in one litter.
The cubs' mom, Rose, is understandably a little tired and frail after giving birth to such a large litter and was receiving some extra treats to boost her health.
Six cubs at one time is rare among lions, and the multiple birth surprised keepers at the Guaipo Siberian Tiger Park in Shenyang, capital of Liaoning province.
The zookeepers were also giving extra attention to the runt of the litter, grooming and bottle feeding it.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall