Lifestyle & Fun
Best deals for the month of August
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's the first day of the month which means Nina Pineda has some steals and deals for the month of August.
Don't wait till the school bell rings to score low prices on all things back to school as the last month of summer is the time for sales.
"We looked at all the deals we posted last summer on back to school so see when they hit their best prices and pretty much across the board most items are the cheapest around mid August," said Lindsay Sakraida with dealnews.com.
Editors at website www.dealnews.com say scoop up your school supplies, backpacks, clothing even dorm room furniture, mid-month while inventory is plentiful and sales are at their lowest price points.
If you're in the market for a new computer or laptops make sure you take advantage of special student bundle deals offered through online retailers like Amazon, there will be deals for both PC and Mac addicts at brick and mortar stores too.
Apple is having its back to school sale where you can get a very modest discount of maybe 5 to 8 percent off depending on the model you get but you also receive a $100 gift card which any student can put to good use on music movies and things like that.
Now that the kids have left the nest consider some "me" time with a cruise. August is the month you can ace a getaway dirt cheap, Carnival Cruises is offering the bulk of super low rates.
"We ve seen 3 nights cruises for two under $300, 5 nights for $450," adds Sakraida.
Just be aware prices are low because demand drops off during hurricane season in the Caribbean which runs through October.
Demand also drops for all thing related to summer in August, the lowest prices you'll see all year on swimwear, and summer themed decor, but not the lowest prices you'll see on patio sets.
Another much in demand item to wait till fall for? An iPhone.
"Rumor has it that apple will be release the iPhone 5 in September or October, so if you love everything Apple you probably want to wait for the 5 or for discount on the iPhone 4's.
The 4's might drop to about $100 bucks when the 5 comes out and the 4 might become free, that happened with the last upgrade the 3GS were free with some data plans.
Rumor also has it the accessories for the 5, your plugs your docking stations will be a smaller, so if you're planning an upgrade, you'll need to get all new compatible hardware so might as well wait for what's right around the corner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun, nina pineda
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 29 min ago
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid 34 min ago
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins 24 min ago
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
34 min ago