Lifestyle & Fun
7-Eleven in Monsey serving kosher hot dogs
MONSEY, N.Y. (WABC) -- A popular convenience store is catering to a specific customer.
One who follows certain dietary restrictions.
The store is 7-Eleven and there's one in the New York area that's serving food unlike any other 7-Eleven in America.
There's nothing unusual about a 7-Eleven serving hot dogs, but at the 7-Eleven in Monsey, the dogs are a little different.
It's taking it to a higher level, or at least one that passes muster when it comes to the rabbi, these dogs are kosher, served up on kosher buns, with kosher condiments.
Anthony Mendicino and his brother knew that 80% of their customers are kosher.
For years they've been selling kosher milk, sandwiches, baked goods, frozen meals, and even slurpees.
Kosher dogs were the next step.
They hired two Orthodox chefs and the kosher grill is only open when they're there.
They serve knishes too!
Customers confident in the kosherness and they're thrilled...
Even non-kosher folks are ordering them.
They are now out selling those regular dogs 10-1.
The kosher grill at the 7-Eleven is closed on the Sabbath of course; otherwise it's open for lunch and dinner.
Dogs start at $2.59.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
food, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway