Lifestyle & Fun
'Fashion's Night Out' invades New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Models, celebrities and designers are set to invade New York City as Fashion Week kicks off Thursday.
For those of us without a front row seat to the shows, Thursday is also "Fashion's Night Out."
It's a way to shop, have fun and get some good deals, and this time around it promises to be better than ever.
A new PSA is one way organizers are getting people in the mood for the "4th Annual Fashion's Night Out."
Steven Kolb explains, the campaign was created after the economic down turn in 2008.
"It's really become a new national holiday of sorts that gets people back into the stores, creates exciting opportunities," said Steven Kolb, of the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
A good example of that is at Henri Bendel, where their bringing in a bit of Vegas.
The Fifth Avenue store is also filled with original costumes from Cirque du Soleil and come Thursday night this space will be filled with actual performers.
"They're going to be floating around all evening, it will be something you can really get close to," said Scott Schramm, of Henri Bendel.
Things at that store and all over the city, go from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m.
Also, stop by the mini food trucks.
"We have sweet and savory, we have lobster and tex mex and yogurts," Schramm said.
Last year, more than 4,500 others threw "Fashion's Night Out" events in the U.S.
There were things also going on in 18 other countries.
But, as these folks point out there's something very special about experiencing all the hoop la somewhere in the five boroughs.
"It's a $350 billion a year industry, the American fashion industry and New York is the heart of it, the center of it, and really the capital of fashion," Kolb said.
Nibble on chocolate fish and chips inside Ted Baker, possibly win a trip to London and don't be surprised, when this group meets you at the door.
"The theme of the store is meant to mimic an art deco London townhouse and no townhouse is complete without a maid and butler," said a representative for Ted Baker.
For more information please visit: FashionsNightOut.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fashion, fashion week, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- London attack could be terror-related, officials say 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Hats get women ejected from mall 43 min ago
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos