Lifestyle & Fun
Shaking up your exercise routine
CHELSEA (WABC) -- Looking for a workout that will shake up your routine? We've got the class for you.
This class will literally shake things up because the moves are done on vibrating machines. That constant vibration gets your body to work harder, giving you results.
"It was a machine originally developed for physical therapy," Vanessa Chu explained about the power plate machine.
It is a vibrating machine that's you sometimes see at gyms, but now it's being used for group fitness at Pure Flow in Chelsea.
The pure vibration classes take students through a series of exercises on the power plate.
Suszannah Warner guided us through 45 second intervals for each move. The entire class is only 25 minutes, because the vibration and instability forces your muscles to contract faster.
The moves are essentially what you already know: squats, crunches, lunges, but that slight vibration makes everything that much more difficult.
Because of the built-in machine movement, your muscles will contract up to 50 times per minute, proven to be 57 percent more effective than conventional circuit training reps.
Fast and efficient is why the pure vibration may be just the thing to add to your already busy routine to get the results you want.
Classes are 30 dollars each and there are plans to open more Pure Flow Vibration Studios throughout Manhattan.
For more information, please visit pureflowfitness.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
exercise, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
6 min ago