Lifestyle & Fun
University professor breastfeeds during class
WASHINGTON, D.C. (WABC) -- Is it appropriate for a female university professor to breast feed while lecturing?
That's the debate raging at American University in Washington, D.C.
Single mom Adrienne Pine felt like she had to take her daughter to work because the baby was sick.
It's unclear if any students who witnessed the breastfeeding had a problem with it.
It happened in a class called Sex, Gender and Culture.
Pine says she didn't want to cancel the first day of the class because her daughter was sick.
The university says it doesn't have a policy on breastfeeding, but it does give new mothers breaks and a private place to pump breast milk.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 25 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze 25 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash 13 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
26 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex...
25 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
11 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
25 min ago