Lifestyle & Fun
University professor breastfeeds during class
WASHINGTON, D.C. (WABC) -- Is it appropriate for a female university professor to breast feed while lecturing?
That's the debate raging at American University in Washington, D.C.
Single mom Adrienne Pine felt like she had to take her daughter to work because the baby was sick.
It's unclear if any students who witnessed the breastfeeding had a problem with it.
It happened in a class called Sex, Gender and Culture.
Pine says she didn't want to cancel the first day of the class because her daughter was sick.
The university says it doesn't have a policy on breastfeeding, but it does give new mothers breaks and a private place to pump breast milk.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado 34 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack 1 min ago
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal 14 min ago
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student 42 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos