Lifestyle & Fun
Healthy cooking class for kids
UPPER EAST SIDE (WABC) -- Kitchen Little is such an appropriate name for this cooking school located inside Gymtime on the Upper East Side.
Once inside Kitchen Little, it's little aprons, little tables and little chefs. The classes are for 2 and 3 year olds! It's like an arts and crafts class for them, hands on for 45 minutes.
"We give the course a three course meal to do, always doing something, shaking stirring, non-stop movement," Leah Landon said.
It's about more than the activity for Landon, for the founder. She grew up eating fresh fruits, vegetables and no refined sugar, so she's hoping to pass on what she knows.
"For me, nutrition starts in the home. Kids get used to what's around, so if you can introduce them to new foods and just inform them of other options, it's win-win all the way," she said.
Each class features one special ingredient. Today it was quinoa. Quinoa is used for a salad, for a version of Sheppard's pie, with pureed cauliflower instead of potatoes, and finally for cookies.
For more information about Kitchen Little, please visit http://gymtime.net/share/2012/08/kitchen-little-cooking-school/ or call 212-861-7731.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
cooking, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 48 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
29 min ago