Lifestyle & Fun
Pulsation delivers more oxygen into your body
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A new spa technique called pulsation promises to give you more energy and reinvigorate your body.
"The concept of pure pulsation is to increase oxygen throughout the body," said Andrew Barile, of Pure Pulsation.
Well it certainly sounds and looks like it's doing something.
For years this device has been used to treat angina but at Pure Pulsation, Andrew Barile is using it for healthy people, like a yoga instructor.
"Anytime you can get more oxygen in your body, it's also a good energy boost," said Stefanie Eris, a Pure Pulsation client.
It looks a little like an exorcism.
The Velcro cuffs inflate and deflate according to your heart.
"In rhythm to your heart we're going to pump oxygenated blood from the lower body up to your heart so we're increasing your circulation," Barile said, "The more oxygen you have the more you can do, the more mental acuity, so people see clearer."
Plus, it's believed to bring more oxygen to the kidney and liver.
The sensation is jarring and not really all that relaxing.
Instead, it's more like a passive workout.
Barile adds it can help detox and help you recover from jet lag.
After 45 minutes the cuffs are taken off, you slowly sit up, you shake out your legs, and you feel relaxed and ready to go!
Maybe not marathon ready, but ready for a busy day.
Barile says A 60-minute session offers the same cardiovascular benefits of a 10-mile walk, in terms of recreating the circulatory benefits. It does not burn 10 miles worth of calories.
A session at Pure Pulsation costs $200.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 56 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 25 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
25 min ago