Lifestyle & Fun
Website alerts you to the deals you want
NEW YORK (WABC) -- To save time in the quest to find a deal, Katie Finnegan and Erica Bell, former colleagues in the world of merchandising teamed up to create Hukkster.
"We revamped and modernized the term changed the spelling a bit so today's Hukkster is your on line personal shopping concierge,"
You know all those emails you get with items on sale? Often there's nothing you actually need or want. With Hukkster, you only get email alerts on items you're interested in. Let's say you're looking through J Crew online. You find a shirt you want, but you're willing to wait for the price to go down.
"You click it to the hukk right info is filtered to you,"
So when that item goes on sale, you get an email. If you like the price, you can buy it. So far you can hukk on hundreds of sites.
"Once you get that huckster notification you're hooked, or we like to say hucked,"
It's free to use Hukkster. The Hukkster team takes a small commission through a 3rd party. You don't pay anything extra, and it's not just for clothes.
"I hukked a vacumm. There are tons of applications,"
Of course, if there's something you want right now, you're probably best off buying now. For everything else, getting a better price makes good sense.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
saving money, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Tornado touched down near Copake 2 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City 59 min ago
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase 5 min ago
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One 59 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
32 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos