Lifestyle & Fun
Man proposes during fake plane emergency
CHICAGO (WABC) -- Call it just "plane" crazy, but a pilot's creative "in descent" wedding proposal flies higher than most.
Ryan Thompson tricked his girlfriend into thinking their plane was about to crash as they were flying over Chicago.
He asked her to read aloud a set of emergency instructions.
Those instructions ended with instructions to "initiate the ring engagement procedure" and the words "Will you marry me?"
After finally realizing she was not going to die in a plane crash, she said yes.
We want to know, what do you think of over-the-top wedding proposals? CLICK HERE to send your thoughts now!
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel 18 min ago
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos