Lifestyle & Fun
Man proposes during fake plane emergency
CHICAGO (WABC) -- Call it just "plane" crazy, but a pilot's creative "in descent" wedding proposal flies higher than most.
Ryan Thompson tricked his girlfriend into thinking their plane was about to crash as they were flying over Chicago.
He asked her to read aloud a set of emergency instructions.
Those instructions ended with instructions to "initiate the ring engagement procedure" and the words "Will you marry me?"
After finally realizing she was not going to die in a plane crash, she said yes.
We want to know, what do you think of over-the-top wedding proposals? CLICK HERE to send your thoughts now!
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 6 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 1 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 53 min ago
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim 33 min ago
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
22 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos