Lifestyle & Fun
Man proposes during fake plane emergency
CHICAGO (WABC) -- Call it just "plane" crazy, but a pilot's creative "in descent" wedding proposal flies higher than most.
Ryan Thompson tricked his girlfriend into thinking their plane was about to crash as they were flying over Chicago.
He asked her to read aloud a set of emergency instructions.
Those instructions ended with instructions to "initiate the ring engagement procedure" and the words "Will you marry me?"
After finally realizing she was not going to die in a plane crash, she said yes.
We want to know, what do you think of over-the-top wedding proposals? CLICK HERE to send your thoughts now!
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 24 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 55 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win