Lifestyle & Fun
Man proposes during fake plane emergency
CHICAGO (WABC) -- Call it just "plane" crazy, but a pilot's creative "in descent" wedding proposal flies higher than most.
Ryan Thompson tricked his girlfriend into thinking their plane was about to crash as they were flying over Chicago.
He asked her to read aloud a set of emergency instructions.
Those instructions ended with instructions to "initiate the ring engagement procedure" and the words "Will you marry me?"
After finally realizing she was not going to die in a plane crash, she said yes.
We want to know, what do you think of over-the-top wedding proposals? CLICK HERE to send your thoughts now!
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos