Lifestyle & Fun
Dog survives 11-mile trip stuck in car grille
EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- A dog who survived an 11-mile ride from Massachusetts to Rhode Island after being hit by a car and wedged into the grille has been reunited with its owners.
The owners, who weren't identified, told WPRI-TV it's a "miracle."
East Providence Animal Control supervisor William Muggle said the owners claimed "Suzie" on Tuesday after seeing news reports. Animal control tells The Providence Journal they had veterinary paperwork with the dog's microchip number.
Muggle said the female poodle mix ran in front of a car in Taunton, Mass., Sept. 20. The driver slammed on the brakes but didn't see the dog.
Muggle said another motorist noticed it when the driver reached East Providence. Animal control officers were able to free the fluffy white pooch, which suffered a concussion and minor injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 57 min ago
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor 48 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe 24 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
31 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos