Lifestyle & Fun
Dog survives 11-mile trip stuck in car grille
EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- A dog who survived an 11-mile ride from Massachusetts to Rhode Island after being hit by a car and wedged into the grille has been reunited with its owners.
The owners, who weren't identified, told WPRI-TV it's a "miracle."
East Providence Animal Control supervisor William Muggle said the owners claimed "Suzie" on Tuesday after seeing news reports. Animal control tells The Providence Journal they had veterinary paperwork with the dog's microchip number.
Muggle said the female poodle mix ran in front of a car in Taunton, Mass., Sept. 20. The driver slammed on the brakes but didn't see the dog.
Muggle said another motorist noticed it when the driver reached East Providence. Animal control officers were able to free the fluffy white pooch, which suffered a concussion and minor injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 42 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 55 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 41 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
59 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp...
55 min ago