Lifestyle & Fun
Joe Nolan's delicious chili recipe
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Check out Joe Nolan's chili recipe, seen on Eyewitness News This Morning!
Terlingua Chili Cook-off Winner: Harley Carnes
Makes 6 servings
Cut meats into bite sized chunks. Marinate for a minimum of 6 hours in the soy, Worcestershire and teriyaki sauces. Add a little salt, pepper and meat tenderizer (not from ingredients list)if you like. Cover and refrigerate for the aforementioned 6 plus hours.
In a large pot heat tomato sauce and 10 oz water at a temperature just under medium.
In a very hot frying pan sear the meat chunks in oil. This is a quick sear, just enough to darken all the sides. Turn frequently and add the darkened chunks to the tomato sauce as you go.
As the searing process goes on add the BBQ sauce, bell peppers, jalapeños, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic, onion, paprika, oregano and comino. Cover and let cook slowly.
Saute mushrooms in butter. Fry and drain ground beef. Add mushrooms, ground beef and tomato to pot. Cover and cook at low temperature for 1 1/2 hours.
Mix flour with a few tablespoons of beer to make a paste. Add paste to mixture to thicken it. Let cook another 20 minutes.
Grab some cornbread, cold beer and dig in!
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Worker trapped in waist-deep mud in Queens trench 6 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb 33 min ago
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- 2 dead in double shootingi in NJ doctor's office
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault 38 min ago
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA