Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Washington teen kicks 67-yard field goal
SPOKANE (WABC) -- It was a record night for a high school senior from Spokane, Washington.
Central Valley High School's Austin Rehkow kicked a state-record 67-yard field goal as time expired to send the game against Shadle Park into overtime, where his team won 62-55.
According to the National Federation of High Schools Record Book, Rehkow's kick is tied for the second-longest kick in the country. Dirk Borgognone, of Reno, Nevada, holds the record with a 68-yarder back in 1985.
The other two kickers with 67-yard field goals are from Texas in 1987 and Georgia in 1999.
ESPN reports that Rehkow only has a partial scholarship offer from Eastern Washington.
He entered the game ranked third all-time in the state with 25 career field goals.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos