Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Washington teen kicks 67-yard field goal
SPOKANE (WABC) -- It was a record night for a high school senior from Spokane, Washington.
Central Valley High School's Austin Rehkow kicked a state-record 67-yard field goal as time expired to send the game against Shadle Park into overtime, where his team won 62-55.
According to the National Federation of High Schools Record Book, Rehkow's kick is tied for the second-longest kick in the country. Dirk Borgognone, of Reno, Nevada, holds the record with a 68-yarder back in 1985.
The other two kickers with 67-yard field goals are from Texas in 1987 and Georgia in 1999.
ESPN reports that Rehkow only has a partial scholarship offer from Eastern Washington.
He entered the game ranked third all-time in the state with 25 career field goals.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos