Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Washington teen kicks 67-yard field goal
SPOKANE (WABC) -- It was a record night for a high school senior from Spokane, Washington.
Central Valley High School's Austin Rehkow kicked a state-record 67-yard field goal as time expired to send the game against Shadle Park into overtime, where his team won 62-55.
According to the National Federation of High Schools Record Book, Rehkow's kick is tied for the second-longest kick in the country. Dirk Borgognone, of Reno, Nevada, holds the record with a 68-yarder back in 1985.
The other two kickers with 67-yard field goals are from Texas in 1987 and Georgia in 1999.
ESPN reports that Rehkow only has a partial scholarship offer from Eastern Washington.
He entered the game ranked third all-time in the state with 25 career field goals.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma