Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Washington teen kicks 67-yard field goal
SPOKANE (WABC) -- It was a record night for a high school senior from Spokane, Washington.
Central Valley High School's Austin Rehkow kicked a state-record 67-yard field goal as time expired to send the game against Shadle Park into overtime, where his team won 62-55.
According to the National Federation of High Schools Record Book, Rehkow's kick is tied for the second-longest kick in the country. Dirk Borgognone, of Reno, Nevada, holds the record with a 68-yarder back in 1985.
The other two kickers with 67-yard field goals are from Texas in 1987 and Georgia in 1999.
ESPN reports that Rehkow only has a partial scholarship offer from Eastern Washington.
He entered the game ranked third all-time in the state with 25 career field goals.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Queens hit and run 25 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane
35 min ago