Lifestyle & Fun
Restaurants, businesses reopen after Sandy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Eyewitness News is taking a look at restaurants and businesses that are helping the storm victims.
"This was completely submerged," Edi Frauneder said.
Edi Frauneder isn't embellishing.
But now the basement's clean and dry and Edi and the Wolf is back in business, albeit with an abbreviated menu.
"Every day one more menu item, that's how you rebuild a restaurant," Frauneder said.
But the baby steps are even smaller for some restaurants.
Just across the street Arcane still hasn't opened.
In Red Hook, so many restaurants are still closed.
At Fort Defiance, they're trying to defy the affects of Sandy with plans to reopen next week, and when they do, they'll be desperate for diners.
So there's a plea to patronize the restaurants in areas beaten by the storm.
DineOutNYC is one movement aimed at getting restaurants back in business.
You can follow the tweets about where to eat, like at the Little Owl, which closed for a week.
LiftsAll.org organizes unaffected restaurants like Ardesia Wine Bar on West 52nd Street to donate a portion of sales and tips to help suffering restaurants rebuild.
Proceeds from cupcakes being sold at Baked will make a difference for Red Hook.
Every little bit counts.
For more information please visit:
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
hurricane sandy, restaurant, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 35 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 22 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
38 min ago