Lifestyle & Fun
Restaurants, businesses reopen after Sandy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Eyewitness News is taking a look at restaurants and businesses that are helping the storm victims.
"This was completely submerged," Edi Frauneder said.
Edi Frauneder isn't embellishing.
But now the basement's clean and dry and Edi and the Wolf is back in business, albeit with an abbreviated menu.
"Every day one more menu item, that's how you rebuild a restaurant," Frauneder said.
But the baby steps are even smaller for some restaurants.
Just across the street Arcane still hasn't opened.
In Red Hook, so many restaurants are still closed.
At Fort Defiance, they're trying to defy the affects of Sandy with plans to reopen next week, and when they do, they'll be desperate for diners.
So there's a plea to patronize the restaurants in areas beaten by the storm.
DineOutNYC is one movement aimed at getting restaurants back in business.
You can follow the tweets about where to eat, like at the Little Owl, which closed for a week.
LiftsAll.org organizes unaffected restaurants like Ardesia Wine Bar on West 52nd Street to donate a portion of sales and tips to help suffering restaurants rebuild.
Proceeds from cupcakes being sold at Baked will make a difference for Red Hook.
Every little bit counts.
For more information please visit:
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
hurricane sandy, restaurant, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 2 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 47 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
1 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos