Lifestyle & Fun
Yummy Mummy offers breast feeding support
UPPER EAST SIDE (WABC) -- Ask any new mom and one of the hardest things they face once baby is home from the hospital is breast feeding, but help is just around the corner.
The help is coming in by way of retail; shops devoted to helping moms succeed at breast feeding.
"When I was opening the store, I tested every product that's in here," said Amanda Cole, owner of Yummy Mummy.
Amanda Cole opened Yummy Mummy while she was breast feeding her own child... She knows firsthand that everything she sells can make the breast feeding process easier or more enjoyable.
"I wore this for the first six months of my daughter's life, it encourages you to nurse longer," Cole said.
That's called the Breast Friend Feeding Pillow and if you're pumping the pump ease bra allows you to multitask.
There are supplements, bars, supplies, books, blouses that make breast feeding easier, and bras that are both functional and pretty.
There is also a constant offering of classes, including prenatal breast feeding and baby CPR.
Meanwhile, more area hospitals are agreeing to stop giving away formula samples to breast feeding mothers and the "Latch on NYC" campaign is helping to further that.
The goal is to get women to try breast feeding a little longer before giving up and switching to formula.
Yummy Mummy, and other stores like it, offers a community for those breast feeding moms and a center for support.
Yummy Mummy is open every day except Sunday. There are even classes for expectant moms.
For more information please visit: http://yummymummystore.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
baby, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 52 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos