Lifestyle & Fun
Sample Sale to benefit Sandy relief efforts
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some top fashion designers are offering their goods at a sample sale, with proceeds going to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
"There's a lot of generosity and a lot of emotion connected to this because it really is our home," said Steven Kolb, CFDA, CEO.
It was a city that in the days after Hurricane Sandy suffered unimaginable loss, when, for many, it was nearly impossible to plan beyond the next hour.
But while thousands were trying to pick up so many broken pieces, this list of people, top fashion designers, was quietly joining forces to mobilize their industry and all of this is the end result.
"You have things from ball gowns by Carolina Herrera, cashmere sweaters, sunglasses, bags," Kolb said.
Stacks of bags and racks of clothing; everyone is busy right now at the Metropolitan Pavilion, getting ready for a sample sale with a purpose.
Steven Kolb gave Eyewitness News a sneak peek inside.
He's the CEO of the Council of Fashion Designers of America and it has teamed up with Vogue and the Tory Burch Foundation.
Friday morning the doors open.
100% of the proceeds will go to the mayor's fund for Hurricane Sandy relief.
"We didn't want things in a warehouse that didn't sell we asked the designers to send us stuff that's in the stores now and we're selling them at a minimum of 50% off," Kolb said.
There are things for the little ones and a few bargains for the fellas.
Ladies, you'll have about 6,000 pieces to choose from.
Most fall between $100 and $600.
All of this was pulled together in about a week, but organizers are hoping what comes out of the sale will have a long lasting effect on those who need it most right now.
"When it hits so close to home, we knew we wanted to do something for our own right away," Kolb said.
For more information please visit: www.cfda.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
hurricane sandy, fashion, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Most Metro-North service resumes on Hudson Line
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park 8 min ago
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing 15 min ago
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus 20 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls to be released Wednesday
- 'Fast & Furious 7' halted after Paul Walker's death
- ESPN Source: Ellsbury, Yanks agree on 7-year deal
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
4 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos