Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Prosthetics allow paralyzed bulldog to walk
FLORIDA (WABC) -- A prosthetics company in Florida helped an unusual patient walk for the first time.
Spencer is a 2-year-old bulldog who is paralyzed in his back legs. Veterinarians suspect someone likely dropped or stomped on him when he was a puppy. His current owners found him on their doorstep.
Because Spencer drags and injures his paws, he has never gone on a real walk.
"His whole life he's spent at my feet, looking up and crying, like, 'Pick me up! Pick me up! Take me here, take me there,'" Spencer's owner, Linda Heinz, said.
But now, thanks to some inventive prosthetics from Westcoast Brace and Limb, Spencer is finally able to experience the joys of being a dog.
Now equipped with custom braces, and green Crocks, Spencer was overjoyed to take his first steps. In fact, he ran up and down the clinic hallway so many times, he had to stop for water.
And as if walking out from his appointment wasn't enough, Spencer came home to his first walk with his brother, Porkchop the blind pig.
"The happiest creature you'll ever meet," Heinz said. "He wakes up happy. He never has a bad moment."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death 20 min ago
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman 59 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands 8 min ago
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos