Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Prosthetics allow paralyzed bulldog to walk
FLORIDA (WABC) -- A prosthetics company in Florida helped an unusual patient walk for the first time.
Spencer is a 2-year-old bulldog who is paralyzed in his back legs. Veterinarians suspect someone likely dropped or stomped on him when he was a puppy. His current owners found him on their doorstep.
Because Spencer drags and injures his paws, he has never gone on a real walk.
"His whole life he's spent at my feet, looking up and crying, like, 'Pick me up! Pick me up! Take me here, take me there,'" Spencer's owner, Linda Heinz, said.
But now, thanks to some inventive prosthetics from Westcoast Brace and Limb, Spencer is finally able to experience the joys of being a dog.
Now equipped with custom braces, and green Crocks, Spencer was overjoyed to take his first steps. In fact, he ran up and down the clinic hallway so many times, he had to stop for water.
And as if walking out from his appointment wasn't enough, Spencer came home to his first walk with his brother, Porkchop the blind pig.
"The happiest creature you'll ever meet," Heinz said. "He wakes up happy. He never has a bad moment."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
48 min ago