Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Prosthetics allow paralyzed bulldog to walk
FLORIDA (WABC) -- A prosthetics company in Florida helped an unusual patient walk for the first time.
Spencer is a 2-year-old bulldog who is paralyzed in his back legs. Veterinarians suspect someone likely dropped or stomped on him when he was a puppy. His current owners found him on their doorstep.
Because Spencer drags and injures his paws, he has never gone on a real walk.
"His whole life he's spent at my feet, looking up and crying, like, 'Pick me up! Pick me up! Take me here, take me there,'" Spencer's owner, Linda Heinz, said.
But now, thanks to some inventive prosthetics from Westcoast Brace and Limb, Spencer is finally able to experience the joys of being a dog.
Now equipped with custom braces, and green Crocks, Spencer was overjoyed to take his first steps. In fact, he ran up and down the clinic hallway so many times, he had to stop for water.
And as if walking out from his appointment wasn't enough, Spencer came home to his first walk with his brother, Porkchop the blind pig.
"The happiest creature you'll ever meet," Heinz said. "He wakes up happy. He never has a bad moment."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension 33 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 21 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians 36 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
21 min ago