Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Prosthetics allow paralyzed bulldog to walk
FLORIDA (WABC) -- A prosthetics company in Florida helped an unusual patient walk for the first time.
Spencer is a 2-year-old bulldog who is paralyzed in his back legs. Veterinarians suspect someone likely dropped or stomped on him when he was a puppy. His current owners found him on their doorstep.
Because Spencer drags and injures his paws, he has never gone on a real walk.
"His whole life he's spent at my feet, looking up and crying, like, 'Pick me up! Pick me up! Take me here, take me there,'" Spencer's owner, Linda Heinz, said.
But now, thanks to some inventive prosthetics from Westcoast Brace and Limb, Spencer is finally able to experience the joys of being a dog.
Now equipped with custom braces, and green Crocks, Spencer was overjoyed to take his first steps. In fact, he ran up and down the clinic hallway so many times, he had to stop for water.
And as if walking out from his appointment wasn't enough, Spencer came home to his first walk with his brother, Porkchop the blind pig.
"The happiest creature you'll ever meet," Heinz said. "He wakes up happy. He never has a bad moment."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements 12 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 14 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 28 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- Water line floods three Midtown building...
12 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos