Lifestyle & Fun
Study: Men slightly better at remembering car location
NETHERLANDS (WABC) -- We've all done it - lost the car at a crowded shopping mall.
Now, a study out of the Netherlands says men and women have different strategies to remember where they parked.
Researchers tested more than 100 shoppers, and they found most women use landmarks to describe where they parked.
Guys were more precise, able to estimate the distance to their parked car.
Although men fared slightly better in the study, both men and women also used some of the same strategies, like parking close to the mall entrance or parking in a favorite spot.
The study appears in the journal Applied Cognitive Psychology.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- At least 2 dead, 18 hurt in East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 7 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 39 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 43 min ago
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase 43 min ago