Lifestyle & Fun
Study: Men slightly better at remembering car location
NETHERLANDS (WABC) -- We've all done it - lost the car at a crowded shopping mall.
Now, a study out of the Netherlands says men and women have different strategies to remember where they parked.
Researchers tested more than 100 shoppers, and they found most women use landmarks to describe where they parked.
Guys were more precise, able to estimate the distance to their parked car.
Although men fared slightly better in the study, both men and women also used some of the same strategies, like parking close to the mall entrance or parking in a favorite spot.
The study appears in the journal Applied Cognitive Psychology.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 59 min ago
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 21 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos