Lifestyle & Fun
Study: Men slightly better at remembering car location
NETHERLANDS (WABC) -- We've all done it - lost the car at a crowded shopping mall.
Now, a study out of the Netherlands says men and women have different strategies to remember where they parked.
Researchers tested more than 100 shoppers, and they found most women use landmarks to describe where they parked.
Guys were more precise, able to estimate the distance to their parked car.
Although men fared slightly better in the study, both men and women also used some of the same strategies, like parking close to the mall entrance or parking in a favorite spot.
The study appears in the journal Applied Cognitive Psychology.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run 29 min ago
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87 42 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall