Lifestyle & Fun
When online stores go brick and mortar
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Bauble Bar is a new retail spin off of the popular on-line jewelry site started by Amy Jain and Daniella Yacobovsky.
The shop is located next to their office on Fifth Avenue and it isn't even on street level. Instead, it's a way for the internet company to enter into the world of more traditional shopping.
Bauble Bar isn't the only on-line retailer going off line. Piperlime recently opened a store in SoHo, selling items that also available on the site.
Bonobos, an on-line men's clothing company, now has a retail outpost of sorts. It is also attached to the company's headquarters. Customers work with a Bonobos expert and try on clothes, but because there's no inventory, orders are still shipped.
Both Bonobos and Bauble Bar plan to open more traditional brick and mortar shops because going off line can benefit an on-line company.
The online stores:
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
internet, retail sales, shopping, lifestyle & fun
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos