Lifestyle & Fun
Sharing the organic space
LONG ISLAND CITY (WABC) -- Organic Food Incubator is a newly renovated facility in Long Island City where organic and non-organic food and drink companies share the kitchen space.
"Our product is fruit, water and a touch or organic cane sugar. Three ingredients," NAME NEEDED.
That's what makes up Chloe's soft serve fruit. When the company outgrew its Manhattan facility, it needed a bigger manufacturing space. It found a perfect fit in Long Island City at the Organic Food Incubator.
"We like the fact that they're focused on organic food and they care about quality and the integrity of the entire building as it relates to the manufacturing process," NAME NEEDED said.
Mike Schwartz opened the Incubator. He's the creator of Bao Food and Drink, which makes fermented, organic products. Because 12-thousand square feet is too big for just his company, he leases the certified organic space to 20 other very particular clients. They're smaller, local companies creating organic, health minded products, and it's been beneficial to all involved.
"20 companies can share all the things that don't generate revenue quite reasonable," he said.
Besides the business aspect, there's the camaraderie that develops and sharing of ideas and sometimes even ingredients.
It's a recipe for success in the organic world.
For more information, please visit http://organicfoodincubator.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island city, food, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos