Lifestyle & Fun
Laser procedure removes wrinkles without knife
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Susie Davis has a thing or two to say about her neck.
Davis doesn't want to go under the knife, so she is letting a laser do the work.
Dermatologist Bruce Katz is using a new FDA-approved Alma Clearlift laser.
"The laser lets us get under the skin really deep without affecting the surface," said Dr. Katz.
There are quick pulses, and then Dr. Katz passes the laser across Susie's neck. There is often a short burst of light, but Davis says it is painless.
"I can feel the head of the instrument, but no spark or zap," Davis says.
This is because Clearlift does not harm the surface layer of the skin. Instead, it targets deep below the surface to get to the collagen in order to help it rebuild.
"The collagen is what gives the skin structure," adds Dr. Katz, "this new laser tightens it and loose skin."
Many patients have had success with Clearlift. The procedure works best on the sensitive areas around the eyes, neck and décolletage. There is no scarring or downtime - just some redness that lasts for an hour.
Davis has been in for more two more sessions - she will need a few more for optimal results.
Clearlift ranges from $300-$500.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
surgery, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 2 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 24 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 3 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 27 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
27 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
2 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos