Lifestyle & Fun
Laser procedure removes wrinkles without knife
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Susie Davis has a thing or two to say about her neck.
Davis doesn't want to go under the knife, so she is letting a laser do the work.
Dermatologist Bruce Katz is using a new FDA-approved Alma Clearlift laser.
"The laser lets us get under the skin really deep without affecting the surface," said Dr. Katz.
There are quick pulses, and then Dr. Katz passes the laser across Susie's neck. There is often a short burst of light, but Davis says it is painless.
"I can feel the head of the instrument, but no spark or zap," Davis says.
This is because Clearlift does not harm the surface layer of the skin. Instead, it targets deep below the surface to get to the collagen in order to help it rebuild.
"The collagen is what gives the skin structure," adds Dr. Katz, "this new laser tightens it and loose skin."
Many patients have had success with Clearlift. The procedure works best on the sensitive areas around the eyes, neck and décolletage. There is no scarring or downtime - just some redness that lasts for an hour.
Davis has been in for more two more sessions - she will need a few more for optimal results.
Clearlift ranges from $300-$500.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
surgery, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 11 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 36 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos