Lifestyle & Fun
Gifts that give back
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It is the season of giving, and many companies now offer products that also give back with a portion of the price could to charity.
Nancy Taylor is the CEO of an e commerce site called Gifts That Give. The site features 4000 items to buy and 20 percent of each item goes to the charity of your choice. And that 20 percent is also tax deductible so start buying.
How about a pop phone? It's a handset that plugs into your iPhone for 35 dollars - $7 goes to your charity of choice, Another example is a wine decanter that costs $50 with $10 going to charity.
At Bloomingdale's, celebrity designed ornaments are $40 each. All proceeds go to the Child Mind Institute.
At ABC Carpet and Home, decorative items do good. The placemats are made in New York out of Japanese remnant fabrics. A portion of proceeds go to tsunami relief in Japan.
Table runners and pillows made of nettle benefit women in the Himalayas, where the nettle is collected and in Mali where the products are woven.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
holiday, holliday gifts, charity, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 54 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa 16 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 47 min ago
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos