Lifestyle & Fun
Gifts that give back
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It is the season of giving, and many companies now offer products that also give back with a portion of the price could to charity.
Nancy Taylor is the CEO of an e commerce site called Gifts That Give. The site features 4000 items to buy and 20 percent of each item goes to the charity of your choice. And that 20 percent is also tax deductible so start buying.
How about a pop phone? It's a handset that plugs into your iPhone for 35 dollars - $7 goes to your charity of choice, Another example is a wine decanter that costs $50 with $10 going to charity.
At Bloomingdale's, celebrity designed ornaments are $40 each. All proceeds go to the Child Mind Institute.
At ABC Carpet and Home, decorative items do good. The placemats are made in New York out of Japanese remnant fabrics. A portion of proceeds go to tsunami relief in Japan.
Table runners and pillows made of nettle benefit women in the Himalayas, where the nettle is collected and in Mali where the products are woven.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
holiday, holliday gifts, charity, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 36 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 45 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 53 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
32 min ago