Lifestyle & Fun
Gifts that give back
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It is the season of giving, and many companies now offer products that also give back with a portion of the price could to charity.
Nancy Taylor is the CEO of an e commerce site called Gifts That Give. The site features 4000 items to buy and 20 percent of each item goes to the charity of your choice. And that 20 percent is also tax deductible so start buying.
How about a pop phone? It's a handset that plugs into your iPhone for 35 dollars - $7 goes to your charity of choice, Another example is a wine decanter that costs $50 with $10 going to charity.
At Bloomingdale's, celebrity designed ornaments are $40 each. All proceeds go to the Child Mind Institute.
At ABC Carpet and Home, decorative items do good. The placemats are made in New York out of Japanese remnant fabrics. A portion of proceeds go to tsunami relief in Japan.
Table runners and pillows made of nettle benefit women in the Himalayas, where the nettle is collected and in Mali where the products are woven.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
holiday, holliday gifts, charity, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies 20 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial 31 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire