Lifestyle & Fun
Turkey call helps child rescue lost dog
DUNDEE (WABC) -- A sixth-grader, a snowstorm and a lost dog combined to make for an amazing rescue story.
It all happened in Dundee, New York, in the Finger Lakes region.
Maggie, a lab-springer mix, ran away during a snowstorm the day after Christmas.
What made things worse is that the 17-year-old pooch has trouble walking, seeing and hearing.
But somehow, Maggie managed to hear a turkey call from sixth-grader Austin Gibson.
The call roused Maggie from a snow bank, and other than being pretty cold, the dog is okay.
Maggie's owner says it's a miracle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 37 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 11 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years