Lifestyle & Fun
Turkey call helps child rescue lost dog
DUNDEE (WABC) -- A sixth-grader, a snowstorm and a lost dog combined to make for an amazing rescue story.
It all happened in Dundee, New York, in the Finger Lakes region.
Maggie, a lab-springer mix, ran away during a snowstorm the day after Christmas.
What made things worse is that the 17-year-old pooch has trouble walking, seeing and hearing.
But somehow, Maggie managed to hear a turkey call from sixth-grader Austin Gibson.
The call roused Maggie from a snow bank, and other than being pretty cold, the dog is okay.
Maggie's owner says it's a miracle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- AccuWeather: More Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole 17 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma