Lifestyle & Fun
Turkey call helps child rescue lost dog
DUNDEE (WABC) -- A sixth-grader, a snowstorm and a lost dog combined to make for an amazing rescue story.
It all happened in Dundee, New York, in the Finger Lakes region.
Maggie, a lab-springer mix, ran away during a snowstorm the day after Christmas.
What made things worse is that the 17-year-old pooch has trouble walking, seeing and hearing.
But somehow, Maggie managed to hear a turkey call from sixth-grader Austin Gibson.
The call roused Maggie from a snow bank, and other than being pretty cold, the dog is okay.
Maggie's owner says it's a miracle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 40 min ago
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 27 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 11 min ago
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Photos: Elmwood Park motel fire