Lifestyle & Fun
Turkey call helps child rescue lost dog
DUNDEE (WABC) -- A sixth-grader, a snowstorm and a lost dog combined to make for an amazing rescue story.
It all happened in Dundee, New York, in the Finger Lakes region.
Maggie, a lab-springer mix, ran away during a snowstorm the day after Christmas.
What made things worse is that the 17-year-old pooch has trouble walking, seeing and hearing.
But somehow, Maggie managed to hear a turkey call from sixth-grader Austin Gibson.
The call roused Maggie from a snow bank, and other than being pretty cold, the dog is okay.
Maggie's owner says it's a miracle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 27 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams