Lifestyle & Fun
Photo of baby reaching out of womb goes viral
ARIZONA (WABC) -- As any mother can tell you, giving birth can be a blur. But every so often, a picture brings it into crystal-clear focus.
Such an image is getting a lot of attention online.
The picture is hauntingly beautiful - showing unborn Naveah Atkins reaching out of her mother's womb and holding the finger of the doctor performing her C-section delivery.
Few lives will be as well documented as little Naveah's, since her mother is a professional photographer. But it was her dad, Randy, who snapped the photo.
"The doctor called me over and said, 'Hey, she's grabbing my finger,' so I ran over there and just grabbed the shot," he said. "And I was just in awe looking at it. It was such an amazing picture."
Mom Alicia Atkins gave her doctor a canvas print of the photo and posted it online. And after thousands of "likes" on Facebook, she's even gotten a few offers to buy the picture.
Alicia says she's going to hang a big canvas print of the picture in Neveah's room. And although she may someday sell prints, she'll never give up the copyright, which she says is priceless.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos