Lifestyle & Fun
Photo of baby reaching out of womb goes viral
ARIZONA (WABC) -- As any mother can tell you, giving birth can be a blur. But every so often, a picture brings it into crystal-clear focus.
Such an image is getting a lot of attention online.
The picture is hauntingly beautiful - showing unborn Naveah Atkins reaching out of her mother's womb and holding the finger of the doctor performing her C-section delivery.
Few lives will be as well documented as little Naveah's, since her mother is a professional photographer. But it was her dad, Randy, who snapped the photo.
"The doctor called me over and said, 'Hey, she's grabbing my finger,' so I ran over there and just grabbed the shot," he said. "And I was just in awe looking at it. It was such an amazing picture."
Mom Alicia Atkins gave her doctor a canvas print of the photo and posted it online. And after thousands of "likes" on Facebook, she's even gotten a few offers to buy the picture.
Alicia says she's going to hang a big canvas print of the picture in Neveah's room. And although she may someday sell prints, she'll never give up the copyright, which she says is priceless.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen