Lifestyle & Fun
Winter treatments for your hair, skin
NEW YORK (WABC) -- We all know the toll winter can take on our skin and hair, but some treatments can leave you fresh and rejuvenated, using scents of the season.
At Equinox Spas, they're tapping into the benefits of cranberries.
Maria Hurtado begins by cleansing the skin, and then she does a stimulating facial massage.
That's followed up by any necessary extractions, and then a cranberry mask comes in.
She paints it on, and it dries in about ten minutes. It has sodium pca, which is a natural humectant - natural hydration,
The high concentrations of antioxidants and Vitamin C in Cranberries help ward off aging.
The final touch in the 200 dollar treatment is moisturizer.
At Alex Anthony Salon, they're all about the scents of the season.
Alex Mnayarji has created the "Peppermint Pattie" scalp treatment. She mixes her shampoo with an exfoliant and peppermint.
"The peppermint is going to help stimulate the hair follice and give you a nice tingly feeling," she said.
The vigorous massage just adds to that. That's followed up with a conditioner mixed with actual cinnamon and vanilla extract. And that's left on while I sit under the dryer for 10 minutes.
"Cinnamon also helps stimulate the hair follicle and vanilla gives you shine and soothes the cuticle," she said.
The 125-dollar treatment is finished off with a blowout. ---
Cranberry Brightening Facial at Equinox http://www.equinox.com/classic/Spa/
Peppermint Pattie Treatment http://www.alexanthonysalon.com/
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
beauty, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5 52 min ago
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos 6 min ago