Lifestyle & Fun
Deer rescued from icy lake in dramatic video
GOLDEN, Colorado -- Colorado wildlife officials with help from Coors brewery employees have rescued a large mule deer stranded on an icy lake near Golden.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife district spokeswoman Jennifer Churchill said Thursday the animal wandered onto the frozen lake or was chased by a predator and appeared to be in good condition. She said there was no indication the animal broke through the ice and it was not struggling.
Rescuers lassoed the animal and were able to drag it across the lake to safety.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance 19 min ago
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade 50 min ago
- Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
50 min ago