Lifestyle & Fun
Cameras rolling as divers come to dolphin's aid
HAWAII (WABC) -- Divers in Hawaii lent a hand to a needy dolphin, and the incident was caught on camera.
In the video, you can see a bottlenose dolphin approach a diver who noticed his fin was entangled in fishing line.
The diver used a knife to cut away at the line, freeing the dolphin.
The group was on a night dive to view manta rays off the coast of Kona, Hawaii.
They say they've helped free manta rays from entanglement before and that the dolphin showed interest in getting some help for himself.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 35 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 6 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane 8 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 47 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 39 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
6 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos