Lifestyle & Fun
Tips to help you fall asleep
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Is sleep about pillows and pills? No, it is about priorities.
Dr. Lipman wrote the book on sleep called "Revive" - he says put down the wine, pick up a book, and get dark - really dark.
Your body produces your sleep hormone, and yes, you have to go easy on drinks.
For even more tips, Eyewitness News went to a spa at Chelsea Piers that is all about breathing, to help you fall asleep at night - the key is to duplicate a similar experience in your bedroom.
The spa makes sure that they have music, books and fragrances in the room. The lavender scent puts you out. You can get lavender oil for as little as $5 as Whole Foods. As for books? Read one that does not have a power switch.
"I think light from an electronic source affects sleep," said Dr. Lipman.
Turning everything off, such as computers and TVs, help turn us off .
Some Eyewitness News viewers also had some tips for how to get to sleep. The ideas ranged from taking a shower, to drinking tea and to getting up at 5 a.m. to exercise.
If you are going to take a shower before bed, it is recommended that the shower not be hot. Lavender scented body oil or lotion is a home run.
Not to be overlooked are nice, soft bed linens. Also, keep your phone charging in a different room.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
sleep, lifestyle & fun, michelle charlesworth
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 4 min ago
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 17 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 9 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
36 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos