Lifestyle & Fun
Unusual burgers all around New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Looks like an ordinary pattie, but it's what you don't see that's makes it a cravable burger at Swine in the West Village.
"It's a unique burger we blend in the brisket and the marrow as the fat content and that ensures it's as juicy as possible," John McNulty said.
Bone marrow and brisket mixed in with the ground beef topped with caramelized onions and gruyere on a brioche bun.
"It's gotten a lot of acclaim since we opened last year changed their lives," Julia Collins of Swine said.
Then there's the antelope burger served up at the Burger Guru in Williamsburg. Once you've tried antelope you may as well kangaroo and alligator on the menu too.
At Murray's Cheese Bar, it's the cheesy sauce called rarebit that give its burger star quality, and it's poured tableside.
Finally, at rogue and canon, there are traditional dishes - or canons - and then there are the rogue options, like a burger created by Chef Adam.
"When we were talking about the concept of the menu, we said Adam what's something different about a burger that you can get anywhere in the city? He came up with this and it's been quite a hit so far," Larry Poston said.
So it's onions and cheese, and then pork belly, but the crazy comes in with peanut butter!
For more information about these restaurants, please visit online:
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- JFK terminal among endangered historic sites
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Queens trench rescue 43 min ago