Lifestyle & Fun
Contest to name Pluto's new moons
NEW YORK (WABC) -- They're Pluto's moons without monikers and now you have a chance to give them names.
Astronomers are running a contest to name the planet's two and tiniest unnamed moons, discovered over the past two years.
The moons are no more than 20 miles across.
Right now they go by the uninspired names of "p4" and "p5".
The contest ends February 25th.
The international astronomical union will give final approval.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 44 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 45 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 3 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
41 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
44 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
36 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos