Lifestyle & Fun
Thai couple sets longest kiss record
PATTAYA, Thailand (WABC) -- For the second time in three years, a Thai couple has set a new record for the longest kiss, locking their lips for 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds in a Valentine's Day "kissathon."
Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat from Bangkok emerged victorious Thursday in what organizers said was the longest recorded smooch in history. The milestone must still be verified by officials from Guinness World Records.
The pair, who also won the annual contest in 2011, received a 100,000 baht ($3,300) cash prize and two diamond rings.
The event began Tuesday with nine couples. The contestants were not allowed to sit, rest or sleep. They also had to go to the bathroom together with their lips locked.
Last year's record, set by two Thai men, was about 50½ hours.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 56 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 55 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
56 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
52 min ago