Lifestyle & Fun
A nonsurgical way to lift and tone skin
FLATIRON (WABC) -- Sandi Bachom is hoping laser skin lift surgery will change the look of her eyes among other things.
The 68 year old went to Dr. David Colbert's Office for Ultherapy. It is the only non-invasive FDA-approved procedure to actually lift skin in certain areas.
Dr. Colbert targeted Sandi's brow during this visit. During a previous visit, she had her neck done.
"Around my sixties, I started to see it change and I started wearing turtle necks like year round," she said.
The procedure is used to address the same areas targeted with cosmetic surgery, but here no cutting.
Instead, Dr. Colbert explains, ultrasound stimulates the body's natural production of collagen.
The idea is to recondition and strengthen the skin from the inside out.
"It sends those sound waves down through the skin and fat, to muscle layer underneath and it tightens those muscles and shrinks them like shrinking a wool cashmere sweater," Dr. Colbert explained.
The unique part is Dr. Colbert can customize this procedure, depending on what sections need to be lifted and how much. These numbers on this screen are his guide, corresponding to how many passes he's doing on each section.
Other patients who have undergone Ultherapy say they witnessed immediate results, which improved over the next two to three months.
For more information about Ultherapy online, please visit www.colbertmd.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
ultherapy, laser surgery, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach 46 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil Robertson's hiatus
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
32 min ago