Lifestyle & Fun
A nonsurgical way to lift and tone skin
FLATIRON (WABC) -- Sandi Bachom is hoping laser skin lift surgery will change the look of her eyes among other things.
The 68 year old went to Dr. David Colbert's Office for Ultherapy. It is the only non-invasive FDA-approved procedure to actually lift skin in certain areas.
Dr. Colbert targeted Sandi's brow during this visit. During a previous visit, she had her neck done.
"Around my sixties, I started to see it change and I started wearing turtle necks like year round," she said.
The procedure is used to address the same areas targeted with cosmetic surgery, but here no cutting.
Instead, Dr. Colbert explains, ultrasound stimulates the body's natural production of collagen.
The idea is to recondition and strengthen the skin from the inside out.
"It sends those sound waves down through the skin and fat, to muscle layer underneath and it tightens those muscles and shrinks them like shrinking a wool cashmere sweater," Dr. Colbert explained.
The unique part is Dr. Colbert can customize this procedure, depending on what sections need to be lifted and how much. These numbers on this screen are his guide, corresponding to how many passes he's doing on each section.
Other patients who have undergone Ultherapy say they witnessed immediate results, which improved over the next two to three months.
For more information about Ultherapy online, please visit www.colbertmd.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
ultherapy, laser surgery, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Large explosion, fire in East Harlem; at least 11 hurt 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 31 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 17 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25