Lifestyle & Fun
104 year-old woman wants Facebook age option changed
MICHIGAN (WABC) -- How old is too old for Facebook?
Apparently it's 104.
Marguerite Joseph is legally blind and is hard of hearing, but each day her granddaughter reads and responds to all of her grandma's Facebook messages.
She's up to 109 friends, has posted 84 pictures, but when it came to sharing her triple digit age.
Facebook wasn't having it.
She's been forced to be 99 online for years.
An error shows up when they try to enter the year she was born.
They want Facebook to fix the glitch before she turns 105 in April.
Facebook issues statement:
"We've recently discovered an issue whereby some Facebook users may be unable to enter a birthday before 1910. We are working on a fix for this and we apologize for the inconvenience."
Tto friend her and wish her a happy birthday, visit our Eyewitness News Facebook page.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
facebook, lifestyle & fun
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen