Lifestyle & Fun
104 year-old woman wants Facebook age option changed
MICHIGAN (WABC) -- How old is too old for Facebook?
Apparently it's 104.
Marguerite Joseph is legally blind and is hard of hearing, but each day her granddaughter reads and responds to all of her grandma's Facebook messages.
She's up to 109 friends, has posted 84 pictures, but when it came to sharing her triple digit age.
Facebook wasn't having it.
She's been forced to be 99 online for years.
An error shows up when they try to enter the year she was born.
They want Facebook to fix the glitch before she turns 105 in April.
Facebook issues statement:
"We've recently discovered an issue whereby some Facebook users may be unable to enter a birthday before 1910. We are working on a fix for this and we apologize for the inconvenience."
Tto friend her and wish her a happy birthday, visit our Eyewitness News Facebook page.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
facebook, lifestyle & fun
- Winter Weather Advisory 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 57 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream 45 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
57 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
40 min ago