Lifestyle & Fun
104 year-old woman wants Facebook age option changed
MICHIGAN (WABC) -- How old is too old for Facebook?
Apparently it's 104.
Marguerite Joseph is legally blind and is hard of hearing, but each day her granddaughter reads and responds to all of her grandma's Facebook messages.
She's up to 109 friends, has posted 84 pictures, but when it came to sharing her triple digit age.
Facebook wasn't having it.
She's been forced to be 99 online for years.
An error shows up when they try to enter the year she was born.
They want Facebook to fix the glitch before she turns 105 in April.
Facebook issues statement:
"We've recently discovered an issue whereby some Facebook users may be unable to enter a birthday before 1910. We are working on a fix for this and we apologize for the inconvenience."
Tto friend her and wish her a happy birthday, visit our Eyewitness News Facebook page.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
facebook, lifestyle & fun
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ