Lifestyle & Fun
Lingerie Fashion Week comes to New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Monica Wesley is sketching a look for next season. Her line is called Uye Surana.
"It just slips over the head and it's very wearable," she said.
A leather and silk bra, denim and silk knickers - they're looks she'll be showing in the first ever Lingerie Fashion Week.
"I think it's a really great opportunity for the lingerie and apparel industry," she said.
Lauren Rich, a publicist for many lingerie companies, created Lingerie Fashion Week, happening on the heels of New York Fashion Week.
Hundreds of designers participate, and many such as Melissa Franchi are New York based.
"For this season, we're going to be showing about eight looks," Franchi said.
Her line is called Naveah.
"Our whole thing is to create a luxury product you can wear day into night," she explained, pointing out Swarovski crystal embellishments. She's hoping her presentation will give the world of undergarments some much needed exposure.
To learn more about Lingerie Fashion Week, please visit The Lingerie Journal.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fashion, fashion week, lingerie, lingerie fashion week, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Yonkers fire injures family of four
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice 31 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 40 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead 15 min ago
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of Year 34 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
31 min ago