Lifestyle & Fun
Nutella craze sweeps across Columbia University
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Columbia University students are going nutty over a popular hazelnut spread.
Two campus dining halls started serving Nutella last month, and the student newspaper reports that students are spooning the pricey spread into take-away containers and hauling it off to their dorms.
Students are reportedly consuming 100 pounds of it each day, and it's costing the university some big bucks.
The student newspaper claims $5,000 a week is being spent on Nutella, but the university says it does not disclose financial details and any such conclusions are "speculative."
morningside heights, new york city, lifestyle & fun
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 35 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 39 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 28 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while...
47 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos