Lifestyle & Fun
Nutella craze sweeps across Columbia University
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Columbia University students are going nutty over a popular hazelnut spread.
Two campus dining halls started serving Nutella last month, and the student newspaper reports that students are spooning the pricey spread into take-away containers and hauling it off to their dorms.
Students are reportedly consuming 100 pounds of it each day, and it's costing the university some big bucks.
The student newspaper claims $5,000 a week is being spent on Nutella, but the university says it does not disclose financial details and any such conclusions are "speculative."
morningside heights, new york city, lifestyle & fun
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 6 min ago
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 56 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 1 min ago
- First lawsuit filed in East Harlem explosion 4 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
6 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
1 min ago