Lifestyle & Fun
Nutella craze sweeps across Columbia University
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Columbia University students are going nutty over a popular hazelnut spread.
Two campus dining halls started serving Nutella last month, and the student newspaper reports that students are spooning the pricey spread into take-away containers and hauling it off to their dorms.
Students are reportedly consuming 100 pounds of it each day, and it's costing the university some big bucks.
The student newspaper claims $5,000 a week is being spent on Nutella, but the university says it does not disclose financial details and any such conclusions are "speculative."
morningside heights, new york city, lifestyle & fun
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos