Lifestyle & Fun
Nutella craze sweeps across Columbia University
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Columbia University students are going nutty over a popular hazelnut spread.
Two campus dining halls started serving Nutella last month, and the student newspaper reports that students are spooning the pricey spread into take-away containers and hauling it off to their dorms.
Students are reportedly consuming 100 pounds of it each day, and it's costing the university some big bucks.
The student newspaper claims $5,000 a week is being spent on Nutella, but the university says it does not disclose financial details and any such conclusions are "speculative."
morningside heights, new york city, lifestyle & fun
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos