Lifestyle & Fun
Water for dogs
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Baby Jazz has had a tough road. She's a rescue dog and had double hip surgery, but water is her therapy.
It is an underwater treadmill at water for dogs in TriBeCa where dogs come for treatment and relief.
From the treadmill it's to the pool where Jean Marie Cooper continues the therapy, working on larger movements.
"The resistance will build muscle mass and strength," she explained.
That's how Sophie got her start. She had a knee problem, but now she's just here to swim with mom sue in tow.
They're here every week for 30 minutes. Sophie is clearly a water lover, but not all dogs are.
Gigi is a little more reluctant to dive in. She's still a puppy and her doting parents are giving her swim lessons. Not all dogs can swim.
"They know how to paddle, but they don't intuitively know how to balance all the way," Jessica Jacobson said.
Jacobson offers lessons. Getting the front paws to work with the back paws is a start.
"It's not just teaching them to swim but how to socialize for confidence," she said.
To learn more, please visit www.water4dogs.com
dog, dogs, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 19 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 38 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 16 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 47 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 20 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 14 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
38 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
47 min ago