Lifestyle & Fun
Kansas couple celebrates 79th wedding anniversary
KANSAS (WABC) -- In a love that has stood the test of time, a Wamego, Kansas, couple has just celebrated a milestone wedding anniversary.
Gladys and Gilbert Wille started dating in their senior year of high school, and it was the start of a forever love. Now, Gilbert is 103 and Gladys is 99, but their love has only grown with them.
The couple just marked their 79th anniversary, and they still know how to have fun with one another.
Gladys and Gilbert now live in separate facilities due to some health concerns, but they see each other as much as they can, content just to be together.
Gladys' eyes light up every time Gilbert walks in, and it's just love story that the rest of us appreciate and hope we can have some day.
The couple was happy to share some of their secrets to such a long and happy marriage. They advise always being kind to your partner, suggesting that if you get mad, just walk away.
Don't fight, they say, which is a practice that has certainly worked for them all these years,
The Willes have two kids, four grandkids and seven great grandkids, as well as decades of memories together and an unwavering devotion to one another.
lifestyle & fun
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg 49 min ago
- Bratton to join Sharpton at rally in Harlem 20 min ago
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman