Lifestyle & Fun
Kansas couple celebrates 79th wedding anniversary
KANSAS (WABC) -- In a love that has stood the test of time, a Wamego, Kansas, couple has just celebrated a milestone wedding anniversary.
Gladys and Gilbert Wille started dating in their senior year of high school, and it was the start of a forever love. Now, Gilbert is 103 and Gladys is 99, but their love has only grown with them.
The couple just marked their 79th anniversary, and they still know how to have fun with one another.
Gladys and Gilbert now live in separate facilities due to some health concerns, but they see each other as much as they can, content just to be together.
Gladys' eyes light up every time Gilbert walks in, and it's just love story that the rest of us appreciate and hope we can have some day.
The couple was happy to share some of their secrets to such a long and happy marriage. They advise always being kind to your partner, suggesting that if you get mad, just walk away.
Don't fight, they say, which is a practice that has certainly worked for them all these years,
The Willes have two kids, four grandkids and seven great grandkids, as well as decades of memories together and an unwavering devotion to one another.
lifestyle & fun
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 10 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 26 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
26 min ago