Lifestyle & Fun
Luxury fashion at bargain prices
NEW YORK (WABC) -- RealReal.com is an online luxury resale store that offers customers pieces that are priced up to 90 percent off retail.
"Even though you're shopping Chanel at J Crew prices, we want to make sure you're treated like you walked into a Chanel boutique," Julie Wainwright, The RealReal CEO, said.
What you stumbled upon is luxury pieces that won't break your budget.
"We literally get in thousands of things - about 5 thousand each week, so you get to see new things all of the time," Wainwright said.
Most prices are around 70 percent off retail. A Chloe sweater vest in store will cost about 800 dollars, but here it is $125.
But don't think vintage. The entire inventory is from the last 10 years, most the last two.
A gemologist and other experts check to make sure everything is authentic.
In terms of condition, the standards are high. The team is very picky about what they'll accept, which is something the nearly 1 million people who shop here count on.
"We do have a lot of pieces with tags and we have women that clean out their closet every season and consign those few pieces," Rati Levesque of The RealReal said.
People like Lorie who a few months ago had a baby. A lot of her pieces simply don't work for her anymore.
Today someone from The RealReal is going through her treasure chest.
"It is honestly the best thing since food delivery in New York City," she said.
If her items sell, she'll get 60 to 70 percent of the sale.
"After a dress is worn a few times to a few events sometimes it just sits in my closet so why not consign that dress to buy something new," Lorie Broser, consigner, said.
To learn more, visit The RealReal online by clicking here.
fashion, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Bratton to join Sharpton at rally in Harlem 51 min ago
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 19 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
19 min ago