Lifestyle & Fun
Many wedding dresses feature 1920's style
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A trend in wedding dresses right now has styles dating back to the 1920s.
You can thank, in part, the upcoming release of "The Great Gatsby" movie.
So what do these dresses look like, and how can you pull them off on any budget?
It was a time of opulence, revelry and love and when it comes to fashion, the new version of the film, "The Great Gatsby", nails it.
Off screen, in the World of Bridal, you can relive the 1920's and 1930's.
In Mark Ingram Atelier, the lace, beading and art deco designed gowns, bring you back to that era.
These gowns are hands down, pieces of artwork, Mark points out dresses that, rather than duplicate, are nods to year around the Roaring Twenties.
It's near and dear to his heart, he has photos of his grandparents in Harlem in1928 and his great aunt in 1922.
They feature a flutter sleeve and intricate embroidery across the back.
But if this luxurious look isn't for you, Mark suggests, choosing a simpler gown and adding pieces that will give a hint of Gatsby.
At David's Bridal it's also clear this trend is here to stay.
A one-shoulder show stopper is part of the fall 2013 collection, and makes you think speakeasy.
Then there is another gown, and it has the lace applied by hand with cascading ruffles down the back.
Whether it's a garden wedding on Long Island or a billionaire dollar bash on a yacht, many women are embracing this era when rules were broken.
For more information please visit: www.markingramatelier.com
fashion, wedding, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead 9 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
9 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
10 min ago