Lifestyle & Fun
Many wedding dresses feature 1920's style
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A trend in wedding dresses right now has styles dating back to the 1920s.
You can thank, in part, the upcoming release of "The Great Gatsby" movie.
So what do these dresses look like, and how can you pull them off on any budget?
It was a time of opulence, revelry and love and when it comes to fashion, the new version of the film, "The Great Gatsby", nails it.
Off screen, in the World of Bridal, you can relive the 1920's and 1930's.
In Mark Ingram Atelier, the lace, beading and art deco designed gowns, bring you back to that era.
These gowns are hands down, pieces of artwork, Mark points out dresses that, rather than duplicate, are nods to year around the Roaring Twenties.
It's near and dear to his heart, he has photos of his grandparents in Harlem in1928 and his great aunt in 1922.
They feature a flutter sleeve and intricate embroidery across the back.
But if this luxurious look isn't for you, Mark suggests, choosing a simpler gown and adding pieces that will give a hint of Gatsby.
At David's Bridal it's also clear this trend is here to stay.
A one-shoulder show stopper is part of the fall 2013 collection, and makes you think speakeasy.
Then there is another gown, and it has the lace applied by hand with cascading ruffles down the back.
Whether it's a garden wedding on Long Island or a billionaire dollar bash on a yacht, many women are embracing this era when rules were broken.
For more information please visit: www.markingramatelier.com
fashion, wedding, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 40 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
9 min ago