Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Sailor returning home surprises daughters
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- A Navy sailor who had been away for seven months gave his two daughters the best surprise gift ever - himself.
Jesse Chapman, stationed on the U.S.S. Stennis, wasn't supposed to come home to Port Orchard in Washington state for another nine days, but he surprised his daughters by visiting their music class.
Nine-year-old Kylie and 7-year-old Rhiannon were overjoyed to be reunited with their dad at South Colby Elementary School.
"I thought I was dreaming," one of his daughters said. "I thought we had nine more days."
The other students didn't seem to mind, even applauding the emotional reunion.
"Every day away from my family is a long wait," Chapman said. "But seven months is a long time."
The girls say they most look forward to dinner with dad, and sitting on his lap again.
lifestyle & fun
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 11 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze 11 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Hot beauty trends for spring
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
12 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex...
11 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
11 min ago